Want to feel better about your smile? Dental implants are custom to your specific needs.
If you’ve experienced tooth loss, decay or disease that has left your smile less glamorous than it once was, you’re probably wondering what you can do about it. And while everyone’s smile is unique in its own right, dental implants often make incredible improvements that go beyond looks. Read more about it here.
Whether you’re missing one tooth or several, here are some of the reasons that more and more people are having dental implants.
Advantages of Dental Implants
1. Implants can help prevent bone loss. The root of your tooth helps to keep your jawbone strong. When implants are placed, so is a deeply rooted anchor that acts as a replacement root. Not only does the implant look like a regular tooth, it helps your jaw maintain its integrity.
2. Dental implants won’t migrate. Unlike dentures, which frequently can shift or slide around in the mouth, implants are securely placed into your jawbone. They work like the natural teeth they replaced and require the same maintenance as your other teeth.
3. They’ll help you chew better. When you have one or more missing teeth, it can be difficult to chew certain foods properly. Not only will implants restore your smile, they permit you to eat and even speak better.
4. They improve appearance and restore confidence. Are you self-conscious about missing or severely cracked or dead teeth? Implants can give you a reason to smile again. Many notice a dramatic improvement in their self-confidence, they laugh more and smile more. Suddenly, life is better.
5. They’re long lasting. Implants are crafted from a variety of materials, most of which are just as strong as your real teeth. As technology continues to improve, so do dental implants.
Implant technology is always improving. If you have been turned away in the past because your case didn’t fit the treatment criteria, it’s worth revisiting. Advanced techniques permit predictable restorations that previously weren’t possible.
Are you a good candidate for a dental implant? Find out by arranging a consultation. We will happily discuss the possibilities and determine if you’re a good candidate.
*Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.